Part-Time Data Analyst and Office Manager
GDA is seeking to fill an open position for Data Analyst and Office Manager. The Data Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the collection, organization, and management of the data used to serve clients. The Office Manager will be responsible for handling the administrative and logistical tasks of the organization and for assisting the Executive staff. Please note: this is a dual position, you will be expected to serve both roles.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting data sets from online sources and compiling them into Excel spreadsheets
- Organizing sets of data so that they may be more easily analyzed
- Manipulating spreadsheets to reflect data in the proper form
- Basic analytics: Searching through sets of data for patterns and redundancies, identifying how data in a table are related, converting values to the proper units.
The Office Manager will be responsible for handling the administrative and logistical tasks of the organization and assisting the Executive staff. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phone calls and general emails, and routing them to the appropriate staff when necessary. Taking messages. Greeting visitors.
- Filing, printing, mailing, copy/scan/fax correspondence.
- Ordering equipment and office supplies.
- Light book-keeping tasks (billings, invoices, collections).
- Basic HR duties: tracking employee time and requests, reporting payroll, placing job ads and receiving resumes, preparing new hire and benefit packets and orientations, researching and maintaining benefit programs, and updating and maintaining the company HR manual.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Rising college Sophomore/Junior/Senior (pursuing a Bachelor’s degree) preferred
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to perform with minimal supervision
- Ability to stay on schedule and multi-task
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (especially Excel) and web applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities
- Professional, courteous, and confident
- Willingness to learn new things with minimal supervision
- Prior data management experience a plus
- Working knowledge of foreign language(s) a plus
- Prior administrative experience a plus
This position will start in early to mid-May provided that training can be completed beforehand. The position is approximately 10-25 hours per week. Specific scheduling and hours are flexible, with typical hours of GDA operation running between 9:00-5:00 Monday-Friday. This position can fulfill internship credit if needed. Ability to continue this position into the Fall Semester 2019 is a plus for this position.
Those interested must submit a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to email@example.com before being considered for an interview. Please include “DA/OM Summer 2019” in your subject line for all correspondence regarding this position.